Quit Back Pain Program
Book Quit Back Pain Program Consult
What is the Quit Back Pain Program?
The Quit Back Pain Program is specifically designed for back pain patients who need a highly structured, individual, and research-based program to regain mobility, strength, core stability and general fitness.
Who would benefit from our Quit Back Pain Program?
Back pain sufferers in need of increased core stability and strength to regain function.
• De-conditioned patients in need of an increase in independent activity and fitness levels.
• Worker’s compensation patients who have reached a plateau with hands on therapy and management.
• Chronic pain sufferers who are becoming more inactive and pain focused.
• Patients who have had orthopaedic surgery for lumbar spine problems and need more active intervention.
• Post natal women needing to regain core stability and strength.
• Back Pain patients needing to lose weight and improve fitness to reduce blood pressure, depression and fatigue.
What is involved…
This comprehensive program involves a detailed 1 hour initial assessment followed by the implementation of a structured exercise and rehabilitation program.
The program is broken into 4 distinct stages:
1. Alignment / CV Fitness: Flexibility, range of motion and general fitness.
2. Inner Unit / CV Fitness: inner core muscle control and general fitness.
3. Outer Unit – CV Fitness: larger muscle groups, more advanced exercises and more specific fitness.
4. Maintenance / Athletic: more advanced program to allow return to sport and work situations.
Typical consultations following the initial assessment will last for 30 minutes and will be a mixture of manual therapy, cardiovascular and specific exercises.
Your Commitment: The program involves a commitment from you to attend sessions 2-3 times each week for a minimum of 4 weeks.
No Lock-in Contracts! There are no lock-in contracts so you can suspend the program at any time should you be going on holidays or are unable to attend for a short period – a home exercise program will be given to ensure continued success.
• Initial Physiotherapy Assessment and Program Design (1 hour)
• Treatment / Exercise Consultation Sessions (20mins plus CV time) • Private health fund rebates are available for all consults. Insurance patients are billed directly to the insurer.